...FLOOD WARNING FOR A DAM RELEASE NOW IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST
* WHAT...Flooding caused by upstream dam release continues.
* WHERE...A portion of south central Arizona, including the
following county, Maricopa.
* WHEN...Until 500 PM MST Tuesday Jun 06.
* IMPACTS...Lowland flooding and inundation of unbridged crossings
will occur along the Gila River downstream of Painted Rock Dam.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...
- At 227 PM MST, water releases from Painted Rock Dam continue
to cause downstream impacts. These releases will continue to
make unbridged river crossings impassable and may inundate
some farm fields between the dam and Agua Caliente near the
Maricopa and Yuma County line.
- Roads impacted include: Poco Dinero Road, Rocky Point Road,
and South Oatman Road.
- Some locations adjacent to the Gila River that will
experience flooding include...
mainly rural areas of Maricopa County downstream of Painted
Turn around, don't drown when encountering flooded roads. Most flood
deaths occur in vehicles.